Why "Active Shooter Onsite: What Every Employee Should Do" Matters
- Preparation is the best tool to keeping you safe along with potentially saving the lives of others.
- Knowing how to react can save your life and the lives of your co-workers.
- Knowing what to expect will help you assist law enforcement officials as they work to stop an active shooter and eliminate the threat.
- Active shooter events can happen anywhere, anytime.
- Active shooter incidents are becoming more frequent.
- All employees can help prevent and prepare for potential active shooter situations.
- Act quickly but try to remain calm. Being well-prepared will speed up your reaction time and keep your thoughts organized.
- Be prepared for the worst. Avoid the “it can never happen to me” mind-set when dealing with a potential active shooter. Think instead, “it CAN happen to me.”
- Know how to spot disturbing warning signs in an individual’s behavior, and don’t be afraid to report them. Always err on the side of caution.