Why "Communicating Up- How to Talk to High-Level Management" Matters
Your relationships with your boss and other senior managers are extremely important. And those relationships are based on effective communication. Learning how to communicate up the organizational ladder effectively, therefore, will help you maintain a successful partnership with higher-level management and assist you in fulfilling your work duties.
- Communicating information upward is an important part of your job.
- You must be able to effectively communicate your needs and concerns.
- You must also be able to communicate information that addresses the needs and concerns of your boss and senior management.
- Communicating up effectively positions you as a partner with higher-level management.
- Your success as a supervisors depends on effective two-way communication with management.