Why "Effective Meetings: How-To for Supervisors and Managers" Matters
Meetings can be an excellent way to handle many important aspects of your business. Knowing how to plan and lead focused, efficient meetings is, therefore, an important supervisory skill. However, too many meetings can be time-consuming distractions from your other important work. Poorly planned and conducted meetings often serve little purpose and waste valuable resources. Just consider the cost of a meeting involving 10 people that runs for half an hour. That adds up to 5 hours worth of salaries and time taken away from other productive work. This course will teach you how to plan and conduct effective meetings.
- Hold meetings only when necessary;
- Invite the right participants;
- Make sure all necessary preparations for the meeting have been made;
- Follow an agenda;
- Start and finish on time;
- Keep the meeting focused;
- Encourage participation;
- Summarize accomplishments; and
- Review follow-up assignments.