Why "Sexual Harassment: What Employees Need to Know" Matters
- About 70% of women and 20% of men have experienced sexual harassment in the workplace.
- There are about 15,000 cases of sexual harassment filed each year in the United States.
- These charges cost U.S. companies almost $40 million each year.
- The number of complaints filed by men has more than tripled in recent years, indicating this is not just a woman’s problem.
- Sexual harassment is prohibited, both by law and by workplace policy.
- Sexual harassment involves more than just physical conduct; it can also be verbal or visual.
- Sexual harassment harms us all because it takes away from having a respectful, dignified, and comfortable work environment.
- You have the power to help prevent sexual harassment.
- Know the workplace’s policy, and do your part to confront sexual harassment, report incidents, and support victims.